City of Chicago Blacksmith Opportunities
Applications are being accepted by the City of Chicago for Blacksmiths. Anyone interested in applying please go to: www.cityofchicago.org/CAREERS and follow these steps:
1. Select Employment Services
2. Select Apply for Job Opportunities
3. Select Job Field - (drop down arrow on right) Construction Maintenance & Skilled Labor
4. Select Organization (drop down arrow on right) Fleet & Facility Management
5. Select Blacksmith
6. Apply - New User
7. Follow directions for filling out application and submit.
Applications for this position will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. C.S.T.S on March 25, 2019.
State of Illinois Boiler Safety Inspector Opportunities
Applications are being accepted by the State of Illinois for Boiler Safety Inspector. Anyone interested in applying please go to: www.2.illinois.gov and follow these steps:
1. Select Job Opportunities
2. Under SELECT CATEGORY - clear all criteria (at the right of screen) then select Safety
3. Under SELECT CRITERIA - clear all criteria (at right of screen) then select State Fire Marshall
4. Select Apply Search
5. Follow prompts for filling out application and submit.
Applications for this position will be accepted until March 21, 2019 PLEASE DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO SUBMIT APPLICATIONS.
MOST OSHA 30 Class will be given at the hall Monday, March 11-14, 2019 @ 7:00 a.m. Please call Jamie or Tim at 773-247-5225 to sign up.
MOST Rigging Mods 1-4 will be given at the hall Wednesday, March 20-22, 2019 @ 7:00 a.m. Please call Jamie or Tim at 773-247-5225 to sign up.
Boilermakers Local One would like to welcome you to our website where you can find a great deal of useful information about us. If you are a Local One Boilermaker, please create a user account to access the full web site. In creating a member user account, we will be able to send group texts and e-mails regarding important information.
We hope that you enjoy our site and we welcome your feedback.
God Bless America!!
Congratulations Matthew Stillson!! - Runner Up for the Great Lakes Area Boilermaker Apprenticeship Contest.
Matthew is the 1st Local One Apprentice to represent the Great Lakes Area at the National competition which will take place in August, 2018.
The Officers and Members of Local One would like to wish Matthew the best of luck at the Nationals competition!NOTICE!!!CITGO Refinery now requires all Tradesmento have a TWIC card.If you do not have a current TWIC card go to: