THE 3rd THURSDAY OF EVERY MONTH
8:00 A.M. TO 10:00 A.M.
BOILERMAKERS LOCAL ONE UNION HALL
2941 S. ARCHER AVENUE
CHICAGO, IL. 60608
~ COPY OF HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR G.E.D.
~ COPY OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE
~ VOCATIONAL SCHOOL CERTIFICATIONS
~ WELDING CERTIFICATIONS
PLEASE NOTE: COPIES CANNOT BE MADE AT THE HALL
PLEASE BRING COPIES WE CAN KEEP. THANK YOU.
Terms of the Apprenticeship: Boilermaker’s Local One Apprenticeship Program requires, at a minimum, the following every six months: completion of 6 written self-study lessons, On the job training modules and passing a written exam.
To graduate to journeyman boilermaker status, you must complete a minimum 6000 hours of on the job training and you must attend, participate, and complete a minimum of 150 hours per year of classroom instruction.
Boilermaker Apprentice Job Duties:
1. Loading and unloading materials.
2. Rigging materials for movement.
3. Directing crane operators.
4. Assembling/disassembling scaffolds and work platforms.
5. Changing crane booms
6. Inspecting and caring for rigging accessories and equipment.
7. Burning and gouging.
8. Removing and replacing pressured and non-pressure components.
9. Interpreting blueprints.
10. Laying out components.
11. Erecting support steel beams, columns, high/low pressure components.
12. Knowledge of and utilize skills for various welding equipment and processes.
13. Aligning and fitting components.
14. Welding processes utilized: SMAW, FCAW, GTAW
Page Last Updated: May 06, 2015 (13:32:28)